Sunday, May 07, 2006

"Good Morning Angels."

"Good morning Jeremy"... is what my angels would say. Unfortunately I don't have any angels of my own... but I did manage to pick up some of Charlie's.

I went out yesterday afternoon for a while, riding around looking for a few good yard sales. My new passion is selling old shit on eBay so what better place to snatch up some old junk than some old lady's yard sale?

I had a few finds. This woman wanted $15 for the Charlie's Angels board game, I managed to get her down to $10. You gotta know how to haggle people. It's important in the yard sale world. I see that $10 as an investment. The game is in pretty good condition and even has all the pieces after 29 years. Someone took care of this game, they loved it.

Another kick ass find was a copy of the Six Million Dollar Man's Reading Adventure Comic Record... thingy. It's a comic book that came with a record that you could put on and listen to if you were too lazy to just read the comic. Now sadly I'm sans the record but on the other hand I only payed $1 for it so I can't really complain. I'm sure someone will still want to buy it. I mean shit, it's Colonel Steve fucking Austin, the Six Million FUCKING Dollar Man!


I think I'm gonna sit on these two little piece of pop culture for a while. They're both from 1977 so if I wait till next year they'll both be 30 years old, so I can see the value going up a bit. People dig round numbers.

So yeah... I picked that stuff up, came home. "Relaxed" for a while. Then I went outside with a good book and laid out. I'm one sexy tan man. Also, the book I'm reading, "the Osama Bin Laden I Know", very very good. A very insightful look at the most wanted man alive provided by those who knew him best. I gotta say... I'm not trying to defend him or anything.... but the man really has led one hell of a life. I can see and understand why so many people in the Arab Muslim world look up to him. Personally, when it boils down it, I really see a few similarities between he and George W. Bush. Sure, there are some ideological and moral differences, but essentially they're both doing the same thing. They both think that their gods put them here to do what they're doing. That they are doing "god's work" if you will. George W. Bush has said that "God" wanted him to be president. Bin Laden claims to be doing the work of "Allah" by taking up his Jihad. They both shared very privileged upbringings yet went about their lives very differently. Like I said, it's a helluva book. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys getting several different sides of a story. You just kinda have to look at it from a neutral point of view, because he is a murderer... but I don't want to get into that because it could be said you could say the same thing about Bush.

Saw Mission: Impossible 3. Coolest opening scene EVER! I gotta say... crazy as he may be in real life, on film Tom Cruise is still the man. He's just good at doing crazy shit and making it look insanely cool. I don't care what the dude starts spouting his mouth off at next as long he continues to make a kick ass flick now and then. I buy him as a kick ass slick spy and just a bad ass dude who knows how to use a gun. "Collateral" anyone?..... Yeah, I thought so.
Now part of it was J.J. Abrams, of LOST and Alias fame, as the director and co-writer. The dude knows his cool spy stuff. Very slick. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the scary balls as the crazy villain. His character was one of the few on screen villains that when they make a threat you actually believe it. He said he was gonna kill Tom Cruise's lady and I believed him. Very convincing. The movie actually had a good bit of clever one liners. I actually laughed.. like out loud. All in all, it's a very good popcorn movie. Just sit down and enjoy shit being blown up and witty one liners.
So yeah... that was my Saturday for the most part... more shit happened but nothing worth telling any of you people. That's right I said it.... YOU people. The people that read this. All one of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home